Like adults, children of all ages can benefit both physically and mentally from massage.
As a mum or two busy boys and as a massage therapist I have had experience in working with children to help them through the power of massage.
Both of my boys have enjoy playing football (Aussie Rules) over this winter and both started to complain about heel pain, through palpation I noticed that both boys, who have had growth spurts (still struggling with the fact my 13, now 14 year old is taller than me!) had tight hip flexors, hamstrings and calves. Through regular massage I have been able to release the tightness, reduce their pain and prevent injury. I even sent Will to school the other day with Rock Tape on his legs for his inter-school athletics training to help reduce the tightness in those muscles.
During last years footy season I had been privileged to be able to volunteer my massage services to a year 9’s footy team, with release and recovery massage after training and sports massage before their final game – which they won yay!
This year I have been able to assist my sons year 8 footy team, through massage during training, and with both teams tight hip flexors, gultes and leg muscles was the common issue. Through massage I was able to release these muscles and give the boys tips on how to self massage, self assess and the importance of prevention management.
Our kids can be doing sport and training every day of the week and just like professional athletes, they need time to rest and recover and through massage we can prevent injury, increase their longevity and help them to learn more about how to listen to their muscles.
Here are some of the benefits of massage your child may receive;
- Improved sleep patterns
- Stress and anxiety reduction
- Increased ability to concentrate
- Reduction in pain associated with growth spurts and associated injury prevention
- Recovery from injury
- Prevention of sports related injuries by reducing muscle tension and stiffness while increasing flexibility and range of motion
- Reduce post sporting activity soreness and assist in preparing the body for the next event
- A better understanding on how their muscles, bones and joints work during sporting activities, how to listen to their body to prevent injuries and the importance of rest and recovery, stretching and rolling are to have longevity as an athlete
- Decrease in headaches, shoulder and neck strain from school work, study or ipad use
I offer offers 30 or 60 minutes relaxation, remedial or sports massage as well as kinesiology taping for children of all ages, and is a registered provider for Private Health Insurance so if you cover includes Remedial Massage you may be able to claim my services.
Remedial or Relaxation Massage for Children 16 years and under
30 minutes massage – $30
60 minutes massage – $50 (SPECIAL PRICE – normally $60)
For bookings and further information please call me, Belinda on 0417 176 122 or book online.